Software Engineer, QA
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. We are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties—and a leader in helping people and communities find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We succeed because we behave like a dynamic startup and hire the best people.
Our office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood, right in the middle of Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Our technology team is the engine behind kijiji.ca and is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. We are a community of adept software engineers passionate about building large-scale web applications in an agile, multi-functional environment. We believe strongly in a culture of mentorship, support and mutual respect for all members of our team.
Are you driven, bold, and inventive? Do you like to have fun? We love that culture and strive to nurture it every single day.
- Develop black box test plans at the feature and product level for web and native mobile platforms
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure quick turnaround on fixes including writing clear, actionable bug reports.
- Participate in feature design, implementation and testing to ensure a high-quality product.
- Define quality metrics that provide visibility into the health of each product release
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.);
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally
- Comfortable with end-to-end testing, exploratory testing and a proactive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Web services testing for REST API, Queues and Automation (Jenkins preferred) using standard framework
- Knowledge of various software testing methods (Regression, Load/Stress, Code Coverage Analysis, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance)
- Experience building test plans based on end-user scenarios
- Excellent trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- 5+ years total experience
- 2+ years multi-platform testing
Bonus Points For:
- Professional development experience with Java
- Experience in e-Commerce
- Experience in online advertising technology
- Experience writing automated tests in a professional environment
You’ll need to:
- Be ambitious
- Be product and value focussed
- Collaborate & Iterate
- Support and guide the platform
- Learn from everyone
- Be generous with what you know
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: