Software Engineer 3, Selling
Primary Job Responsibilities:
This opportunity is to work for one of the most exciting product development organizations in eBay. We support all seller activities on eBay and build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay sellers throughout the world. We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is an expert in Java and/or Scala related technologies and can work closely with the various business units, product management, architecture, operations and quality engineering teams, as well as third party software vendors. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and a team player, a strong driver for results and continual improvement. He/she should be passionate about his/her work and has strong commitment towards eBay and its community.
Responsibilities will include:
* Design, develop and support worldwide projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
* Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Release Engineering, Quality Engineering, Architecture, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
* Estimate engineering effort and plan implementation,
* Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
* Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
* Share release management duties on feature rollouts
* Develop industry and product technical expertise
* Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
* Support and resolve site issues when they arise
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the Job Offered or three (3) years of experience in the field of software engineering or Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field and six (4) years of experience in the Job Offered or six (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of software engineering.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: