Senior Product (UX/UI) Designer
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business:
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, ambitious and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Are you an empathetic, creative Senior Product Designer who has a clear vision of the future and can drive simplicity while solving difficult user problems? We would love to hear from you!
The UX + Design team is focused on delivering exciting and elegant customer experiences. You will be empowered to challenge teams to go beyond what is possible and pursue customer focused outcomes that enrich people’s lives.
You will be responsible for helping define problem areas, highlighting opportunities, and crafting design solutions. You'll make elegant, appealing, and useful experiences, that live across devices and that drives engagement and dedication to Kijiji. You will need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to solve difficult design problems while wowing the customer.
- Collaborate with others, but own all phases of the design process in your product team: discovery, experience design, visual design, user testing, and handoffs.
- Solve for product problems by owning all components of the experience, considering both the online and offline touchpoints.
- Seek to deliver customer-centric solutions to business objectives while taking into account technical feasibility.
- Influence and help shape Kijiji’s product and design vision through your understanding of user motivations and needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams, building positive relationships in order to deliver elite customer experiences.
- Confidently present design work, influencing others with consistent fact based design decisions.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, and developers to ensure high quality implementation of your designs.
- Help build and improve our product design practice, enabling us to work better and smarter.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on customer-centered design.
- Proven track record of shipping outstanding experiences that are informed by research.
- Comfortable working in a mobile first agile environment and an advocate of lean UX and Design Thinking principles.
- Proven ability to develop simple, beautiful, modern user interfaces & visual designs.
- Able to break down our user's needs on a high level and turn them into something that will make users excited.
- Comfortable and confident with running user research sessions to gain insights.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in any of the following: Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Information Architecture, New Media Design, Product and Interface Design or related field.
- Minimum 8 years experience in respective field.
- Proven experience of crafting awesome, simple and functional customer experiences.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating critical thinking and creativity (showing your thought process as much as your finished work).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.