Senior DevOps Engineer
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
About the team:
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a DevOps Engineer(d/f/m).
The DevOps team is looking for an expert team member that can propel Kijiji's delivery and performance to the next level. We are an agile team that focuses on building quality cloud infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines and working with development teams to design and implement cloud native solutions. It is an exciting time as we are redesigning our solutions from the ground up, and there is lots of room for innovation.
- Build infrastructure as code and handle the provisioning of cloud services.
- Design and implement reusable infrastructure patterns that are secure, robust and scalable.
- Build tools and processes that make it easy and faster for new infrastructure to be provisioned.
- Provide expert advice, and education, to development teams on infrastructure and CI/CD.
- Maintain high standards across our cloud infrastructure, and have a continuous improvement mentality.
- Implement end to end solutions that include logging, monitoring and distributed tracing.
- Automate manual development processes
What we are looking for:
- At minimum 5+ years shown experience working in DevOps, or a closely related profession.
- Proven ability as a DevOps engineer that is capable of building scalable solutions in a cloud environment.
- Expertise in at least one programming language.
- Experience debugging infrastructure and application issues and tuning technology tiers for improved performance and resource management
- Experience working in the public cloud in either AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Good communication skills, and ability to convey information to development teams.
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.