Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly.1 We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, ambitious and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the role:
To keep the Engineering Infrastructure organization focused and steer the team in the right direction, we are looking for an experienced architect to join the CTO and other architects and help them drive the Kijiji technology roadmap.
We want people from all backgrounds who are excited at the opportunity to help build a future where there are no bounds and an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Kijiji's marketplace to the next level. Capable of withstanding the growing number of users, load and the constantly evolving second-hand economy.
Are you a technology visionary who can lead by example with energy and passion? Speak with us now!
- Architect and deliver scalable, distributed and long term solutions for the Kijiji platform with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability
- Stay educated on state of the art technologies, help build and evaluate software prototypes that fit our customers needs
- Drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions
- Gain an understanding of the business and collaborate with mentors and leaders globally to contribute to an incredible customer experience
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of experience in architecture, engineering sophisticated systems and a solid understanding of Agile development and scalable solutions
- Java expertise and knowledge of relevant frontend, mobile and cloud technologies
- Proven success in building large scale, distributed infrastructure. Deep understanding of microservices, clustering, redundancy
- Experience in building databases and data stores with RDBMS and NoSQL
- Outstanding communication skills and Empathy
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
- eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Kijiji in Canada, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.