Manager, Software Development 2
Are you looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay’s Seller Experience teamis looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to work on practical Selling tools that are key to the success of our millions of sellers. You’ll be working with a world-class team of engineers, designers, product owners and analysts to create great products and user experiences that improve our sellers’ businesses on eBay with our rich set of data gathered in the last 25+ years. Our technology stack includes Node.JS front-end app and Java/Scala based back-end.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills, lead with empathy, have a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services, and push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
What will you do?
- Lead a talented team of back-I end, front-end and quality engineers
- Provide technical leadership to the team in areas such as design and architecture, technical issues, code reviews, resolving production issues…etc.
- Mentor and guide the development of your team members in a tailored, empathetic manner suited for each individual
- Build collaborative and inclusive teams
- Own your team’s deliverables and ship high quality, maintainable software regularly and consistently
- Build and maintain a healthy prioritized backlog in alignment with the team’s goals
- Collaborate with product managers, business units, analytics teams to brainstorm and build the next generation of our product and scale it.
- Layout technical vision for the team
- Push the bar to solve complex technical challenges of scale and performance
- Maintain a balance between short-term and long-term goals while shipping high impact products quickly
- Partner effectively with and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization and across eBay
- Experience leading or managing a small to medium-sized team of developers
- Hands-on experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability and resiliency
- Proven to be a result-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity environment
- Great communication skills; needs to articulate clearly
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Ability to grasp new domain knowledge effectively, and adapt to changes
- Familiarity with eCommerce is a plus
- Knowledge on data platforms (e.g. Elastic Search) is a plus
- 10 years of related work experience and 3+ years of leading or managing a team
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.