Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada and one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties. We reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping users find and trade goods and services in their communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team and were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.
We are seeking a hands-on individual to join Kijiji as our Finance Director.
As the in-country Finance lead for Kijiji you will be a part of the Kijiji Management team and lead and grow Kijiji's Finance and Analytics functions.
Kijiji's Finance and Analytics teams work closely together and with multiple partners to help enable better business decisions. The Finance and Analytics teams are Kijiji's trusted specialists in logical analysis and play a key role in driving informed decisions, ensuring financial stewardship and compliance with financial policies and procedures, and helping drive sustainable long-term growth of Kijiji.
Reporting to Adevinta's Head of Finance for International Markets and Advertising you'll be part of a global Finance organization and work not only with colleagues in Canada but also around the world.
What you’ll do:
Lead and continue to build a high-performing finance and analytics team and act as a key member of the Kijiji management team.
Oversee budgeting, forecasting, planning, and reporting for Kijiji. Monitor performance across financial and non-financial KPIs, identify any anticipated deviations to plan and work cross-functionally to establish remedial actions as needed. Provide recommendations to drive strategic and operational decision making. Drive Kijiji finance and analytics involvement with central functional teams as required.
- 12+ years of experience in Finance
- Accounting designation (preferred), MBA, Master’s degree in finance, or comparable background
- Experienced leader and builder of hard-working teams, able to embrace a player-coach mentality and operate in an agile environment
- High attention to detail and experience with financial modelling and analysis
- Outstanding analytic and problem solving skills, coupled with executive level oral and written communication skills
- Ability to challenge & collaborate in discussions as a member of a broader management team
- Proven success in driving significant improvements to business performance
- Experience in setting up business cases and driving financial conclusions, comfort with running and leading strategic projects
- Experience working within an international matrixed organization
- Familiarity with on-line marketplaces or consumer data-focused and technology businesses
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with globally diverse highly skilled teams giving you the opportunity to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation and development opportunities. We value your personal and professional growth.
- A healthy work-life balance, including working from home options.
- A forward-thinking company with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Kijiji in Canada, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.