Analyst, Strategy and Analytics
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach nearly half of Canadian internet users monthly.1 We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, ambitious and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
We are currently seeking to hire 1 team member who enjoys the technical aspects of coding and modelling to address exciting business problems, as well as interacting with our staff and senior leaders to drive business results. This position will sit alongside Kijiji staff in Toronto, and focus on the exciting Emerging Markets organizations in Mexico and South Africa! This role will focus on crafting scripts to query over 50 petabytes of data in eBay’s data systems, and analyzing this data using a variety of tools and software available to identify business trends, develop insights, and enable us to build impactful solutions to grow all aspects of trade and revenue on our platforms!
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data and connecting data sources. Exposure and interest in database querying (i.e. SQL). Proficiency in 1+ scripting language (e.g., R, Python, SPSS). Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- Academic profile has an emphasis on quantitative and / or business coursework.
- Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytical abilities - identifying the problem, defining a solution approach, collating the data, analyzing the results and delivering meaningful insights
- Intellectual curiosity, real passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on judgment.
- Team-player: eager to build positive and productive relationships with diverse partners and draw upon their skills when needed
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and experience distilling and communicating complex quantitative analysis; experience with BI / data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) is an asset.
Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
Application of outstanding analytical and data synthesis skills to test hypotheses and deliver key business insights utilizing both Kijiji and external data sources. Analyses will be both ongoing and project-based in nature. The successful candidate will seek sophisticated analyses and complex models, turning them into meaningful recommendations.
Design, develop and support next-generation data delivery, dashboards and visualizations. Partner with end users from across the company - from representatives on the sales floor, product managers, external clients, strategy teams and our executive leadership team.
Please submit resumes in text format.
Recruiting and hiring processes will be modified and / or made accessible to accommodate individual special needs, when requested. After successful hiring, ongoing practices and guidelines will also be updated to meet accessibility needs.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout eCG.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel Kijiji is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/kijiji
People are the heart of Kijiji and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
Kijiji is a part of the eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.