PR & Social Media Manager APAC
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
Our Mission – To Bring The Joy Of Live To Fans Globally
Owners - Carry the ball
Fan First - Be fans’ biggest fan
Drive - Push past the finish line
Inventive - Play a new chord
Courageous - Take big swings
Diverse & Inclusive - Harmonize
The Japan and APAC PR and Social Media Manager is responsible for managing StubHub’s reputation and building brand love among audiences in Japan and across APAC. The PR Manager will report to the Head of Communications for StubHub International and work closely with the internal partners within APAC (business development, inventory acquisition, marketing and operations). You will also collaborate with regional and global partners in Social Media, Legal and Product & Technology to support the business through internal and external communications.
You are strategically minded and looking for opportunities to shape conversation in the music, theater and sports spaces. An eye for current trends is imperative, coupled with the ability to identify story angles based on trending topics, editorial calendar opportunities and brand priorities. The strategist should consider an omni-channel approach to storytelling and asset development. Assets should have an authentic, distinctive voice and stress creativity and quality.
This position will be responsible for selecting and handling local PR and social media agencies, working against a budget and driving toward agreed-upon goals, including brand sentiment, audience reach, and engagement.
The role includes both internal and external communications, including media relations and social media. This would suited an energetic and proactive individual who is able to function in a fast-paced organization. Experience working with entertainment, music, sports, general news or lifestyle reporters is a plus. A keen understanding of the entertainment, music and all major sports industries and teams is also beneficial.
Japan (Tokyo) or Hong Kong
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Strategic development and management of PR campaigns in APAC with a major focus on Japan and China, including communications planning, content development & execution related to our brand and business initiatives.
- Map and drive content strategy and annual content plan.
- Develop, execute and deliver editorial content across all our channels, working closely with team (including International internal communications manager, brand manager and marketing partners) to achieve goals.
- Work with agency to develop and drive proactive pitches to drive StubHub brand exposure and awareness in consumer-related publications, specifically with pop culture and sports outlets
- Lead creative and content agencies or vendors to establish and coordinate content, ensure quality, creative and timely deliverables.
- Build the strategic vision for content to drive comms efforts and manage the development, quality, creative and voice with internal partners, agency and, at times, independently
- Work with the agency to respond to media inquiries, support agency strategy for managing relationships, clarifying company positions and building goodwill.
- On occasion, serve as a spokesperson for StubHub in APAC.
- Manage and innovate strategies for measuring communication effectiveness and outcomes.
- Identify and recommend new and innovative communication ideas.
- Stays close to trends, informing content strategy on a regular basis.
- Act as team stakeholder and strategist in cross-functional projects and business verticals.
- Occasional travel to StubHub events outside of APAC (e.g. the U.S., Madrid, London).
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in communications, an editorial content role, or media relations strategy, with a portfolio of work to show productions of self-developed content.
- Native/bilingual level Chinese or Japanese and fluent English language skills.
- Self-starter, independent and entrepreneurial.
- Strong teammate and collaborator.
- Experience in an agency or experience leading an agency.
- Strong expertise in content strategy and able to lead editorial content campaigns.
- Strong expertise in social media strategy and execution.
- Experience crafting messaging for executives and liaising with C-suite executives.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: