Category Manager (Soft Goods) - CBT
In this position, you will be reporting to Head of Category Management, as a part of Category management team. You will be responsible to provide leadership and strategic direction on your responsible product categories on all eBay sites to optimize business growth for our sellers and the company.
- Define and implement business strategy in line with financial targets for existing and new categories
- Manage strategic projects, track project performance and proactively evaluate situations, decisions and issues as they arise
- Identify and prioritize new ideas that maximize revenue streams based on four criteria: revenue impact, community impact, future scalability and required investments
- Lead the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, local market intelligence, product trends, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and site enhancements
- Lead and strengthen relationships with sellers by developing expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and utilize insight to find opportunities for sellers’ growth, as well as for expanding eBay’s portfolio of sellers in line with the category strategy.
- Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory from sellers to support execution of strategy.
- Build strong internal partnerships ensuring the alignment of cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives by partnering with Customer Experience, Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Product Management etc
- In partnership with Marketing teams (local / regional / global), maximize sales through appropriate external / internal marketing channels.
- Deep understanding of online retailing best practices and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow sales.
- Hold a bachelor or master’s degree
- Fluent in both Japanese and English, both written and spoken
- At least 8 years working in a commercial role with P&L responsibility in an online or technology business
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms the strategy into action
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate, influence, communicate and motivate others
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and project management skills
- Comfortable with hands-on, and ability to multi-task in a lean and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility in responding to changing priorities.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: