Account Manager, Category Management
Cross-border trade (CBT) on eBay sites, primarily on ebay.com (US site). Our mission is to help Japanese merchants or sellers develop their CBT business by fulfilling the growing demand of overseas buyers or “enthusiasts” seeking for unique items sold from Japan and on eBay.
In this position, you will be reporting to the head of category management team.
You will be required to provide consultation services to sellers using analytical data and thorough knowledge of best-selling practices on eBay and category market trends. The job involves high engagement with sellers with regular phone calls, video meetings, visits, conducting seminar/webinars not only to optimize the sellers’ performance but also for building long term relationships with our sellers.
Ideal candidates will combine an exceptional ability to lead initiatives or projects while collaborating and aligning with other functions; passion to grow cross-border ecommerce for our sellers through consultative techniques; and a willingness to achieve committed targets and execute tactics with urgency.
- Lead and strengthen relationships with sellers by developing expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and utilize insight to find opportunities for sellers’ growth, as well as for expanding eBay’s portfolio of sellers in line with the category strategy.
- Manage strategic projects, track project performance and proactively evaluate situations, decisions and issues as they arise
- Identify and prioritize new ideas that maximize revenue streams based on four criteria: revenue impact, community impact, future scalability and required investments
- Lead the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, local market intelligence, product trends, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and site enhancements
- Build strong internal partnerships ensuring the alignment of cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives, partnering with customer support team and other functions within the business unit.
- Hold a bachelor or master’s degree
- Fluent in both Japanese and English, both written and spoken
- At least 3 years working in a sales or consulting role in an online or technology business
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms the strategy into action
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate, influence, communicate and motivate others
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and project management skills
- Comfortable with hands-on, and ability to multi-task in a lean and fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to frequent changes in business priorities and dealing with urgent operational tasks
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.