Sr. Product Designer
CarsGuide Autotrader Media Solutions (CAMS) is an innovative leader in automotive classifieds in Australia. As part of the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG), our brands CarsGuide and Autotrader help Australians find the vehicles they’re looking for in their local communities. Carsguide.com.au is the #1 site for the automotive audience in the country covering car reviews, news and advice produced by our team of expert motoring journalists. Autotrader.com.au is the second-largest dealer network of customers in Australia, where private sellers and dealers can confidently buy and sell vehicles with over 100,000 new and used cars for sale all over the country.
Our local design team is responsible for the full product design cycle including strategy, research, design, prototyping and testing. Our team members value the ambitious spirit, the “can-do” attitude, and their mutual respect’s talent and contribution.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product design process, from conceiving initiatives, strategizing, researching, designing, to testing and working with multidisciplinary teams to efficiently craft product features that are feasible to the business and phenomenal experiences to our customers.
- Contribute to the product strategy and vision.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other specialists in the business to ensure product features are efficiently crafted and launched.
- You will provide hands-on delivery of design assets across all channels, such as concepts, wireframes, prototypes and user interface designs with tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Mural and Adobe CS.
- Conduct customer research using human-centred design methods (Quantitative & Qualitative) and techniques to uncover opportunities, and unknown customer needs.
- Facilitate design discussions and workshops.
- Contribute to building our design system.
- You have 5+ years working with product and tech teams.
- Bachelor's degree in design or similar
- Proven experience working with marketplaces and/or editorial platforms will be highly beneficial to our team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
- You are a design thinking ninja
- You understand the value of data and have experience with web analytics
What we offer:
- 10% yearly bonus
- Competitive salary and phenomenal benefits e.g. conference & education budget. Seeking a mentor and looking for training to improve your skills? Let’s talk about personal and professional development.
- Gym membership discount with Fitness First
- Private health insurance support
- A lived work-life balance with flexible working hours including working from home options. In times of Corona, our teams have established a phenomenal work-from-home culture.
- A family-friendly company with an open inclusive culture
- A highly motivated, inspiring team with exciting and diverse personalities, passion for product design and a high degree of integrity
- User-centricity is part of our mentality! The chance to create a major difference in our team and our customers' lives.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Excellent office located in the Sydney CBD with all the facilities you need to feel good and share time with your coworkers from CAMS and Gumtree. Free snacks & drinks, and regular team lunches to break the routine.
Interested? We're looking forward to get in touch with you. Please submit your detailed CV with work examples and/or link to your portfolio.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here:https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.