Snr Marketing & Communications Manager
Are you looking to work with a passionate and entrepreneurial business, which happens to be a household name brand in Australia? Join Gumtree’s local marketplace team that is also part of a diverse global community under the eBay Classifieds Group present in 20+ countries around the globe. Gumtree’s purpose is to power people to create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs.
About the Gumtree team
Gumtree Australia is a vibrant community marketplace and our role is to connect buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. We have a dynamic and open company culture with the support of a global network of brands.
You are an evangelist for the brand and are comfortable with data to drive high impact recommendations and results. The individual must demonstrate a proven ability to influence, be results driven and able to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective and collaborative teamwork.
The Senior Brand Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for planning, development and execution of the consumer brand marketing strategy for Gumtree Australia. The role will align to business objectives, grow brand health, activate innovative campaigns, product marketing and partnerships. You will work collaboratively with wider marketing, product, technology, global stakeholders and manage agencies to deliver creative solutions to grow the brand.
You will also drive our PR strategy including consumer and corporate communications, issues management and internal communications and develop and leverage media opportunities through the creation of PR led activities aligned to business priorities.
- Develop, along with the marketing leadership team, the annual marketing strategy aligned to business objectives
- Develop and deliver innovative consumer marketing and communications campaigns and activities to meet ambitious business growth targets
- Brand custodian and drive creative direction for marketing
- Drive cross team collaboration to ensure integration across owned, earned and bought channels and product
- Shift brand perception and consideration to ensure an increase in market share
- Identify new opportunities, such as brand partnerships and audiences to grow new opportunities to expose the brand
- Develop benchmarks, reporting and drive efficiencies through paid media channels
- Align with global marketing community on central projects
- Conduct research, provide insights and recommendations to senior leadership team on addressing competitor activities, helping to create barriers to entry for new and existing players
- 10+ years’ experience in brand strategy marketing and communications
- Ecommerce or digital business experience an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- General ability with reporting, analytics and data
- Strong background in budget management
- Experienced efficiently managing multiple agencies
- Ability to lead and influence the wider business on brand marketing and communication priorities
We work ease in to our fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment. We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. Being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it’s who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee no matter who you are or where you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: