Senior Project Manager - Commercial & Operational Excellence
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We are all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Autotrader, Carsguide & Gumtree in Australia, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
In Australia the business encompasses three industry leading brands each known for their respective strengths: Gumtree as Australia’s favourite local marketplace, Carsguide.com.au as the #1 in automotive editorial and Autotrader.com.au as the #2 in automotive classifieds.
About the role
Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer for Australia, we have a newly created role for a hands-on Senior Project Manager to join our Sydney team. This role will be responsible for managing key business integrations, migration & commercialisation projects. The ideal candidate has a background in strategy or management consulting or has worked in a similar role in a large corporate or scale-up environment bringing exceptional commercial acumen, analytical and change management (incl M&A) experience.
- Responsible for end-to-end project management and delivery, including but not limited to all aspects of the project life cycle including scope, initiation, planning, execution, closure, expenditure, benefits realisation, and evaluation.
- Responsible for managing and leading the development of robust and achievable project plans (including reporting cadence) to manage the delivery of quality project deliverables.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and the ability to provide strategic insights and advice to a wide range of business and executive leadership teams.
- Manage organisational change requirements in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Lead the development of mitigation strategies to manage project interdependencies and to mitigate key risks, to ensure successful delivery. Balances competing demands to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Deliver on ad hoc strategic projects that contribute to the longer-term success of our business
- 7-10 years of experience from consulting and/or business project management.
- Very strong financial, commercial and analytical acumen.
- Significant experience working in business integration, ideally with M&A experience
- Ability to influence across a range of stakeholder groups locally and globally. Previous working in a matrix environment would be desirable
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Understanding & interest in how product & technology can enable a business
- Natural interest or experience in classifieds, e-commerce, and/or advertising
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout the Adevinta group.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- Company paid health insurance.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities!
- Minimal domestic and international travel may be required.
Benefits are a crucial part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisers to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.