Senior Manager of Risk and Protections
Sr. Manager, Risk and Protections, Australia
Risk and Protections at eBay (aka Trust and Safety in other organizations) is a critical global function tasked with ensuring the safety of the millions of buyers and sellers on the eBay marketplace. The scope of the team is vast, ranging from detecting and removing counterfeit goods on our marketplace to protecting customers from those who attempt to commit fraud on our platform.
In Australia, eBay eBay is the largest online shopping destination and welcomes over 12 million unique Australian visitors every month, more than 2/3rds of the adult population. We have set goals to make bold and meaningful changes in our end-to-end experience to provide a safer, more trusted experience for buyers and sellers on eBay. That means the Sr. Manager, Risk and Protections for Australia will have ample chance to have a highly visible impact on the business in a relatively short time.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Australian Leadership Team and other key members of the Australian business to identify and execute on key opportunities to drastically reduce the most common issues customers (buyers and sellers) experience on eBay and to improve the experience when customers do experience an issue. We are looking for a results-oriented leader who will have end-to-end ownership of critical initiatives in Australia and be accountable to hit bold targets. We want an individual who is proactive, willing to lead and who can both think strategically as well as lead cross-functional efforts to execute on key initiatives. You will also be able to contribute to and at times lead global initiatives. You will be highly analytical and fact-based in your decision making. You should thrive in complexity and know how to bring clarity, energy and impact in those environments.
What we need:
- 5-10+ years of work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, trust and safety and/or risk management
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a global management consulting firm like Bain, McKinsey or BCG
- Strong communication skills and presence, especially with senior leaders of the organization.
- Proven track-record of sophisticated project/program management, multi-tasking, and influence without authority
- Experience analyzing data sets to provide user behavior insights and solve business problems
- Track record of taking initiative and delivering substantial results in your previous roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to navigate a cross functional matrixed organizational structure to meet individual and shared goals
Additional experience and skills preferred:
- Industry experience in retail or ecommerce
- Experience working with or working as a Product Manager in the areas of Trust and Safety is a plus
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. eBay wants to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, or where you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.