Gumtree Australia is Australia’s favourite local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 80,000 new ads are posted every single day.
On average, more than 7 million Australians visit Gumtree each month, and we’re proud to say we’re one of the top shopping apps in Australia. Facilitating successful and safe local trade is our main priority. Our mission is to empower people and create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs.
A Senior iOS Developer on one of our agile teams, building customer value through the design, development, and delivery of a native app that our customers will love.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key team member working with delivery leads, other developers, product managers, QA, and operations teams to develop solutions that drive our OKRs, delight our customers and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
- You will participate in and help drive the best possible ways of working for native app development including Continuous Improvement, CI/CD, test automation, A/B testing and experimentation.
- Coach of junior and mid-level developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development);
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out;
- Work with your international counterparts across the worldwide Adevinta.
Who you are:
- You are a strong software engineer and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems.
- The person we are looking for has extensive experience in online or related areas, with at least 6+ years of full-time employment and at least three years developing iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift.
- You love working in a dynamic agile team environment
- You are a self-starter. You seek out new opportunities and don’t shy away from challenges.
- You bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every single day.
- You put the customer at the forefront of every decision you make.
- You love a challenge and look for creative ways to solve problems fast.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, informal, international work environment with cross-functional, self-managing teams.
- The opportunity to work on one of the most used and well-liked apps in Australia.
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Gumtree and across Adevinta in trending topics like DevOps, Data engineering, mobile development, and others.
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work.
- Be part of a highly interactive Agile team.
- A focus on Continuous Improvement in everything we do.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then apply and send us your CV!
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.