PR and Corporate Communications manager
Are you looking to work with a passionate and entrepreneurial business, which happens to be a household name brand in Australia? Join Gumtree’s local marketplace team that is also part of a diverse global community under the eBay Classifieds Group present in 20+ countries around the globe. Gumtree’s purpose is to power people to create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs. Gumtree has strong brand health with high awareness, consideration & 6.8m average monthly users!
This is an opportunity to drive and be responsible for developing and executing internal and external communication to actively and reactively handle Gumtree's brand reputation to our consumer, corporate and internal audiences.
About the Gummie team
Gumtree Australia is a vibrant community marketplace and our role is to connect buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. We have a dynamic and open company culture with the support of a global network of brands.
A collaborative Leader who is energized by a fast-paced environment and creates an environment that inspires others to bring their creative ideas forward. We are looking for a Gumtree Enthusiast who can empathize with our customers and partners and are solutions driven to drive the best experiences! Ideally you have a game plan for the long-term success of your product including insights into how the product, industry and competition will evolve so you can continue to generate tremendous value to your customers. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up and to get things done maintaining quality and integrity. If you are able to influence and communicate with a wide range of internal and external partners, this role will suit you!
- You will actively and reactively influence Gumtree's brand reputation to our consumer, corporate and internal audiences.
- Reactive PR - this includes strategy, issue, crisis management and media monitoring.
- Proactive PR - where you understand and have experience in strategy & corporate reputation management and how PR fits into the overall marketing strategy and the role it can play to amplify the brand.
- Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on collective and collaborative partnership.
- Be at the forefront of the PR evolution, combining excellence in traditional PR with a deep understanding of today’s trends.
- Create and evolve strong relationships and partnerships with key external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Develop and implement effective media relations strategies to build and support Gumtree’s reputation whilst mitigating risk.
- Be responsible for providing media relations support and strategic counsel across both consumer and corporate media.
- Develop and implement strategic consumer and corporate communications plans and tactics that generate media coverage and business impact.
- Degree qualified – Marketing / PR/ Communications;
- Credible experience in an in-house role;
- eCommerce experience
- Confidence to advise and Leadership Team on issues management with a range of proactive and reactive strategies.
- Seasoned exposure to internal communications and having previously led cross-company communications to ensure consistency of messages across the business, will lead to success.
- Hands-on involvement in communications materials including press releases, briefing sheets, speaking abstracts, press kit materials, fact sheets, source, testimonials and case studies.
- You have previously driven end to end project management, including: writing insightful briefs, review / feedback and approval of proposals, meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, budgeting, project analysis and tracking.
- Experience communicating consistent messaging and storytelling to employees, building their awareness of the brand and helping them to evangelize the company’s products and technologies.
We work ease in to our fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment. We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it’s who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee no matter who you are or where you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: