Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager - Opex
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
In Australia our business encompasses three industry leading brands, each known for their respective strengths: Gumtree as Australia’s favourite local marketplace, CarsGuide.com.au as the #1 in automotive editorial and Autotrader.com.au as the #2 in automotive classifieds. After acquiring the vertical motors business in 2019 (Autotrader & CarsGuide) we are redefining our business in Australia and creating one integrated team that will drive the vision and strategy of our three leading brands!
About the role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager - Opex, will perform crucial budgeting, forecasting and cost analysis to support the company’s overall financial health and business strategy.
This position will partner with functional leaders across the organisation to actively monitor and supervise operating expenses to enable efficient resource prioritisation and tracking to target.
Owning all FP&A deliverables relating to operating expenses (month-end, forecast submission, headcount planning, expense approvals), this role will also manage and coach an FP&A analyst.
Location: Sydney, Australia
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyse company costs and provide insights in performance vs target
- You support our month-end close activities, reviewing P&L reporting incl. fluctuation analyses
- You collaborate closely with our central finance, controllership and other teams across Adevinta globally
- You partner successfully with the business, our analytics and other finance teams to understand performance drivers, impacts and business forecasts
- Partner effectively with the business stakeholders to drive monthly and quarterly headcount and expense planning processes
- Lead operational improvements in relation to key FP&A deliverables and continuously initiate new insights to deliver cost optimisation
- Work on special ad hoc projects (analysis ranging from invoicing/billing to headcount efficiency to IT costs) to support senior management and other departments.
- You are a strong contributor with unquestioned integrity, combining intellectual curiosity with superb analytical, finance and accounting skills, driving positive business results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related
- CA/CPA or equivalent
- 5+ years of finance experience
- Strong analytical skills as well as very good MS Excel knowledge, experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends, and extracting business insights
- Comfortable with ambiguity and defining business requirements
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Ability to balance tight timelines
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, forward-thinking company culture with team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are a crucial part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisers to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.