Are you looking to work with a passionate and entrepreneurial business, which happens to be a household name brand in Australia? Join Gumtree’s local marketplace team that is also part of a diverse global community under the eBay Classifieds Group present in 20+ countries around the globe. Gumtree’s purpose is to power people to create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs. Gumtree has strong brand health with high awareness, consideration & 6.8 million average monthly users!
About the Gummie team
Gumtree Australia is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 90,000 new ads are posted each day. We have a dynamic and open company culture with the support of a global network of brands.
An Android Developer on one of our agile teams, building customer value through the design, development and delivery of a native app that our customers will love.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key team member working with delivery leads, other developers, product managers, QA, and operations teams to develop solutions that drive our OKRs, delight our customers and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
- You will participate in and help drive the best possible ways of working for native app development including Continuous Improvement, CI/CD, test automation, A/B testing and experimentation.
- Coach of junior and mid-level developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development);
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out;
- Work with your international counterparts across the worldwide eBay Classifieds Group.
Who you are:
You are a strong software engineer and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. The person we are looking for has extensive experience in online or related areas, with at least 6+ years of full-time employment and at least three years developing Android apps in Java.
- You love working in a dynamic agile team environment
- You are a self-starter. You seek out new opportunities and don’t shy away from challenges.
- You bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every single day.
- You put the customer at the forefront of every decision you make.
- You love a challenge and look for creative ways to solve problems fast.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, informal, international work environment with cross-functional, self-managing teams;
- The opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in Australia;
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Gumtree and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like DevOps, Data engineering, mobile development, and others;
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work;
- Be part of a highly interactive Agile team;
- A focus on Continuous Improvement in everything we do;
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: