Account Manager - NSW
Gumtree is Australia's local marketplace, connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find almost anything across hundreds of categories – including: Home & Garden, Cars, Jobs and more.
There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 85,000 new ads are listed each day – that’s one new listing every second! We have a strong collaborative culture.
The purpose of the role will be to elevate the Gumtree Cars brand in-market by identifying new sales opportunities within existing accounts while providing superior service, pro-active education, insights and ongoing training for our Gumtree Cars customers.
This role is based in-market and requires a combination of face-to-face meetings and account management check-ins via phone/video conference.
If you have a passion for Cars, experience working in or with the car dealer community and love to win, we want to hear from you, as there has never been a more exciting time to join Gumtree Cars. We are on a strong growth trajectory and are just getting started.
- 3+ years commercial experience in a similar role
- Passion for online
- Hunger for customer service and sales high excellence
- Confident presenter (F2F, Video, Phone)
- Natural problem solver - taking a structured approach to collecting facts, logically resolving root cause, and identifying the simplest solution
- Data driven and shown ability to draw insights
- Experience successfully objection handling
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Salesforce experience is advantageous
- Providing extraordinary customer service to all customers, ultimately creating Gumtree advocates.
- Maintaining a customer centric approach to the business at all times
- Keeping up-to-date with Gumtree’s product suite, technical services, market conditions, advertising and market trends and utilising this knowledge to educate and empower your customers
- Establish and maintain business relationships that will significantly impact the customers’ perception of Gumtree. Creating a positive customer experience by representing our brand with integrity
- Operate as the primary point of contact for pro-seller customers for any and all matters specific to Gumtree
- Uncover customers’ immediate needs and future plans through effective questioning techniques
- Recommend solutions and opportunities to customers based on their business needs
- Communicate innovation ideas that will enhance the user experience to leaders and/or tech team, continuously improving our offerings to customers based on what will be mutually beneficial
- Empowering customers by helping them deliver a sustainable return on investment and creating Gumtree advocates
- Ensuring the revenue associated with client base is stable or grows month on month
- Achieve set KPI’s each quarter around effective calls, meetings, upgrades/termination management and set account management duties
- Creating customer accounts and processing opportunities in CRM with high attention to detail and maintenance of data integrity
- Understanding customers’ immediate needs and future business plans through effective questioning techniques and recommending appropriate solutions to deliver sustainable return on investment based on findings
- Developing, maintaining and utilising extensive knowledge of Gumtree offerings and data to educate potential customers
- Performing to financial and productivity metrics including revenue achievement and outbound activity targets
- Outbound calling and meetings to problem solve and retain customers
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee no matter who you are or where you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: