Head of Marketplace, SEA
Head of Marketplaces South East Asia
The person will be responsible for creating and executing the South East Asia (SEA) region and cross border trade (CBT) strategies focused on growing the Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) and revenue of the markets in the region and as a result, increase eBay’s market share in the region.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing the strategy for the SEA region comprising developing and nascent markets and create a robust go-to-market plan to deliver on the GMV and revenue targets
- Developing a deep understanding of eBay’s value proposition and business performance in the CBT business within the region and build the CBT aspirational and execution plan
- Leading the implementation of the region and CBT strategy end-to-end across the following different business levers:
- Seller acquisition and management to ensure top sellers are driving the best customer experiences for our buyers through right supply at the right prices
- Partnership with different cross functions, such as Global Customer Experience, Shipping, Product, Merchandising and Marketing to drive business results
Operating in a heavily matrixed organization, he / she must be comfortable exercising influence and building rapport with functional peers and be confident for dealing with senior management. The role holder must keep a strong focus on regional performance which success will be measured by GMV, Revenue, Market share, and Net Promotion Scores. The role holder will manage SEA markets including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines with a geographically dispersed team located in these countries.
Ideal Candidate Profile
This leader will be passionate about driving significant growth, self-starting, dynamic and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Business Acumen - Strong strategic and financial business acumen, a high-impact leader who is decisive and results-oriented, can quickly assess the situation, make recommendations, navigate the organization influencing others to drive results
- Setting Strategy - Envisions long-term market and business opportunity and positions the business to capitalize on them while able to set a clear direction for others in times of great change in the eCommerce/m-Commerce industry
- Domain Leadership – Track record of success within eBay Inc., preferably with domain leadership in marketplaces.
- Executing for Results - Has a deep desire for success and high standards; always keeps his/her eye on results and stays close to tactics. Leads by example and has a strong sense of urgency. Able to direct her/his colleagues and team to set priorities and effectively execute. Acts quickly to seize opportunities and drives issues to closure; spots and capitalizes on trends. Is decisive and possesses a "big picture" perspective, but willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Leading Teams - Possess a talent mindset with a proven ability to attract, hire and retain a high performing team that can achieve strong business results.
- Provide appropriate leadership, structure, coaching and development.
- Engage the team through his / her enthusiasm and excitement about the business.
- Building Relationships – Builds and maintains productive working relationships, actively and collaboratively participates as a member of senior management team, is ccomfortable interacting with different functional teams and managing within a matrix organization, collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and business partners to achieve exceptional business outcomes, highly skilled in collaborating, influencing, and negotiation.
- Communication and Influencing - A strong team player with a track record of building and sustaining relationships across all functions and levels at eBay Inc., to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of plans.
Other Role Holder Criteria
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience (internal / external) as a Business Leader with P/L ownership and execution
- Culturally aware with experiences working with and leading a multicultural team
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese is preferred to liaise with our Chinese-speaking partners
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: