eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
- Design and develop big data solutions to help product and business teams to make data driven decisions.
- Support end-to-end efforts to design, development and implementation data integration processes.
- Implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Building data processing applications on Hadoop system & cloud platforms using Hive, Spark/Spark SQL, Java, Python and Shell.
·2+ year experience of data engineering or equivalent
- Strong software development background and must be proficient in more than three different programing languages from Shell, SQL, Python, Java, Scala
·Good understanding of data warehousing concepts (ex. data model, ETL concept, etc.)
- Proven experience in designing efficient and robust data processing pipelines
- Mastery of ETL development on Spark & Hadoop ecosystem (ex. HDFS, Hive, Spark-SQL)
- Understandings of Linux administration, operations and troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge in Hadoop/Spark performance tuning & underlying mechanisms
- Working knowledge on ETL orchestration tools (ex. Airflow, Azkaban, etc.)
·Effective communication in both written and verbal English
- Good documentation & communication skills to resolve user inquiries
- Proven experience to work & win as a team player
- Working experience of cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Snowflake) would be a plus
- Experience of data warehouse migration projects would be a strong plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.