- Build high available and high reliable SparkSQL service to eBay analyst user all over the world. Do proactive monitoring on the health of the system and underneath Hadoop services like HDFS/Yarn/Hive etc. Developing automation tooling for TTD/TTR and system resilience. Work in emergency situations related to downtimes, Application and system upgrades and critical incidents and 24x7 availability over phone and in person.
- Performance Tuning, Trouble Shooting, Incident Root Cause Analysis, In-time Service Recovery of system components. Identify performance gap and look through the cutting edge technology and brilliant idea to keep doing performance optimization development on the platform.
- Success track record of 5+ years software engineering experience, familiar with programming languages like Java or scale etc.
- Rich experience on open source big data platform (Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Expert on SQL language and well understanding on ANSI SQL standard
- Well knowledge on linux OS, familiar with linux shell programming
- Strong sense on test case design, functional testing, performance testing, loading testing.
- Accountable and responsible attitude in daily work. Able to address task, resolve problem independently.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Strong inter-personal networking skills with the ability to relate to executives and other team members through all organizational levels.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: