Software Engineer 3, Production Support
Software Engineer 3, Production Support
The Global Payment Operations, Production Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and monitoring production activities on its Billing and Payments Platform. This is a large scale, full-cycle system support. The candidate will be joining a global, fast-paced environment, where cross-functional teamwork, high standards, and precise execution will be critical to their success. He/She will interact with a variety of teams such as Product Management, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Billing Operations, Optimization, Customer Service and others, and will serve as the functional and operational subject matter expert in the area of billing, payments, collections and financial postings. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, process-oriented, persistent, persuasive, willing to learn new systems/technologies and have both product development and production support background, in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage invoice and payment processing activities within given SLA’s, ensuring stability and continuity of operations and adherence to all Sarbanes Oxley IT controls;
- Establish and manage daily, weekly, and monthly production workflows for the Billing & Payments system and deliver goals and objectives;
- Work daily with Production Supervisors and Managers for optimal efficiency, meeting the needs of internal and external customers;
- Communicate effectively with Operations and Management when schedule adjustments and delays occur;
- Perform impact analysis on capacity and schedules relating to changing volumes and new projects in order to support efficient and timely delivery of all business needs;
- Perform first-level troubleshooting & coordinate resolution of production issues;
- Provide recommendations and guidance for performance tuning and optimization of our supporting systems;
- Perform or participate in periodic reviews, audits and updates to the hosting standards, process controls and technologies;
- Create and maintain documentation related to the production environment for new projects and ongoing issues;
- Support new product rollouts by providing appropriate time window & smoke testing;
- Support and execute month-end close activities; and be involved in other ad hoc projects.
Our eBay Values & Team Culture
We are Courageous x Be Bold, Confident, Nimble, Not Afraid to Take Risks We are Driven. x Relentless Focus on Customers, We Play to Win. Deliver on Time We are Inventive x Creative, Innovative, Obsessed with finding a better way We are Our Brand x We Buy, Sell & Give on eBay with passion for our Brand We are Richly Diverse x We value inclusion & diversity of Thought, Ideas, Talent & People
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented and effectiveness in problem solving;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Ability to author technical specifications, presentations, and other documentation;
- Good background and understanding of the UNIX operating system, as well as strong knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Shell/Perl scripting and some experience in Java programming.
- Some experience with DW Applications such as Teradata / Spark. Some working knowledge of Spark SQL, Hadoop is a plus.
- Some working experience with FiServ Frontier Application is a plus.
- Functional experience with any Payment / Billing Systems such as Kenan / SAP / Oracle BRIM or any similar enterprise solutions is a plus;
- Experience on workflow scheduling applications such as Automic / CTRL M is a plus.
- Normally, you will work a standard 40-hour week. This role requires weekend & off-hour support of production activities based on an on-call schedule.
- Fluency in English is required.
- BS +5 yrs or MS +3 yrs
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: