Site Reliability Engineer
Global Site Reliability Engineer
We’re seeking a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer who has significant experience working with high-volume e-commerce applications, diagnosing complex application issues, and troubleshooting in a dynamic, fast-paced web environment. You will be responsible for the development and support of enterprise class e-commerce web site applications including both customer facing and backend components. You will be responsible for providing support as part of a cross-functional team, whose primary focus is to diagnose and address high-priority site issues, working in concert with first-level technical support. You will recommend and implement changes to the site that will enable us to optimize and grow this ecommerce platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high reliability, availability, and security for production systems by developing effective tooling, alerts, and automation.
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance.
- Responsible for troubleshooting systems, network, and debuging software delivered by various development teams to StubHub on-promise DC, or cloud (PCF, GCP).
- As the SME must train junior members of the team to be capable of doing the same.
- Recommend and build monitoring and automation to create system efficiencies, and lead the team to ensure automation.
- Provide detailed trouble complete and accurate reports back to the development teams including automated methods to reproduce any defects.
- Document automation and the interaction of software and system as necessary to enable in others.
- Maintain services post-deployment through monitoring and data collection ensuring overall health of the services provided.
- Proactively participate in maintaining team standards and best practices.
- Participate, collaborate and provide guidance in retrospectives, and a focus on issue resolution long term. Band-aids only applied when there is an outage on the site.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- 3-5 years of cloud engineering experience
- experience writing maintainable reusable software.
- Extensive experience with Linux and/or Unix derivatives
- Experience with Windows, Active Directory is a plus
- Experience with configuration management / systems automation tools at scale (e.g. Puppet, terraform);
- Proficiency with Python scripting language
- Experience with containers
- On-call Experience
- Experience with big data systems and/or database administration (e.g. MySQL, Mongo DB, PostGresSQL, NoSQL, and SQL) is a plus.
- Knowledge of penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, static & dynamic source code analysis tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with performing product security assessments, threat models, server side and network security, and various cryptographic algorithms and libraries.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in software application development or e-commerce/web development
- 2+ years of experience with Puppet or similar tools
- 2+ years experience in “cloud-native” app support
View our accessibility info
StubHub is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: