Senior Big Data Engineer
This is a position part of the Analytics Solutions Team of eBay Classifieds Group (headquartered in Europe), within the CCOE in Shanghai. The senior engineer will be responsible for leading platform enhancement, designing & developing DWH applications, driving key initiatives and assisting business users across the world on optimizing their use of the data.
- Build scalable data platform to collect data from different sources and consolidate in central DWH.
- Drive initiatives on building analytics tooling and scalable data solutions.
- Reviews developmental frameworks, coding standards, conducts code reviews and in-depth design review.
- Evolve and create next generation of ETL and reporting framework.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous experience as a data engineers (8+ years), preferably in a large reporting or data warehousing environment (5+ years)
- Excellent SQL, Hive/Spark SQL and Unix shell skills.
- Strong skills on Hadoop eco system.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, Scala, or Python.
- Experienced data modeling, data warehouse/data lake design and concepts.
- Experience with Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Knowledge of BI and Visualization tooling will be a plus.
- Demonstrate effective communication with written and verbal English skills.
- Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule.
- Good business sense and understanding of ecommerce business model.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good project management skills.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: