MTS 2, Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented software engineer with a focus on machine learning and data science to build world-class full life cycle ML/AI platform. We want the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward. You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry.
- a software engineer with the necessary technical skills to design, build and run highly available, reliable and secure distributed systems
-Resourceful. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Be able to aggregate information from various places and build relationships with key stakeholders to get the data you need.
-Tech Savvy. Master your tools and continue to expand your systems knowledge through formal or informal research and training.
- Highly proficient in Object Oriented Programming concepts, Data structures and algorithms
- Expert level hands-on coding skills in one or more of programming languages - Java, Scala, Python preferable
- Rigorous in software design life cycle best practices (design docs, code reviews, support, Sprint planning, Agile methodologies)
- Have working experience with at least one data platform; Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, H2O, etc.
- Proven understanding of distributed computing architectures.
- Hands on working knowledge with standard ML frameworks, and an understanding of Build, Test, Deploy, Re-train stages of full ML/AI life cycle
-Completed a Master's degree from an accredited College or University in Computer Science, Statistics, or related major and have several years of relevant working experience
-Strong applied experience
-Creative thinker who knows how to create real-world products
-Develop processes using Java, Scala, SQL, Shell etc.
-Share engineering support, release & on call.
-Estimate, plan & rollout changes
-Key skills: SQL, Java, Python, Scala NoSQL tool ie: Hadoop, Pig ,Spark, H2O etc.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: