Technical Product Manager - Cloud
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
eBay, Inc. is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to join the eBay Cloud team. We need an outstanding technical product leader to help define, develop and operationalize various aspects of the cloud networking in managing eBay applications on our cloud. Our goal is to make sure eBay’s applications are managed for our extensive web scale with high availability, security and performance. We do this by managing infrastructure complexities that operate at global scale and in an automated, self-service way.
eBay, is an outstanding and creative environment and is evolving at a rapid pace. We need our cloud services to delight eBay’s innovators. We need someone who is passionate about how cloud platforms are led, consumed, and operated in the most scalable and repeatable manner possible.
- Develop product features, technical documentation, clear roadmaps, customer/ partner teams engagement and provide strong execution focus in an agile environment.
- Have an in depth understanding and strong experiences in datacenter networking, software defined networks and network functions (lbs, firewalls, application gateways) and other related areas
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols (tcp, udp), network topologies, internet routing, datacenter routing, application protocols (http2, quic, https) et
- Understanding of kubernetes (CNI) networking, distributed routing through kube-proxy and related tools, service mesh platforms like istio
- Interest and understanding for large scale systems (100s of thousands of instances) and an eye for reliability, performance and security at scale.
- Demonstrate knowledge Containerization, Cluster management (kubernetes) solutions, virtualization (kvm, kata etc) and the cloud technologies landscape
- Obsession for security and specifically large fleet scale network security.
- You should be very strong with automation experiences to promote developer efficiency
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide breadth of cloud technology and application management domains, with ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships of various subject areas
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend sophisticated business initiatives
- Able to articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to deep low level technical).
- Experience managing a team of developers, architects and/or product managers in a cloud related product/service
- Good team leadership; proactive; craft transparency; and are an excellent teammate with a “Can Do” demeanor
- Customer engagement management
- Collaborate with DevOps Engineers, Internal customers, Open Source communities and other vendor engagements
- Lead reporting progress for portfolio of products/ tools
- Periodic and timely reporting to the business, our users, clients and other entities
- Manage organization, tracking and delivery of cloud-based automation solutions
- Build repeatable structures that help usher in operational rigor that promotes transparency to management, customers and partner teams.
- Outstanding leadership - Building, leading and instilling teams with a constant focus on accountability, delivery, and positive customer experiences.
- Proven performer who thrives in a very dynamic and fast-moving environment, thinks critically, delivers quickly, and collaborates across a variety of functions.
- Demonstrate strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, a collaborative method of working
- Drive delivery of complex technology projects on time.
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, collaboration, good judgment and awesome instincts are important success factors for this role.
- You should know how to get things done and get the best out of your collaborators without burning your bridges.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: