Staff Software Engineer, Identity
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to crafting an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Identity, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that encourages passion, courage and inventiveness - building the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
As a Staff Software Engineer in the Identity team in eBay you will be a lead developer on products relating to Identity Services (Authentication, Authorization, User Management, Web Services security, Device Fingerprinting, and ID Federation protocols such as OAuth and OpenId Connect). You will build and support these products which are a critical component of the eBay site and serve hundreds of millions of people on both Desktop and Mobile platforms. As a senior engineer, you will drive the entire product development lifecycle, from design all the way through product launch, collaborating with PM, QE, and architecture teams.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Handle individual projects priorities, deadlines and work you're doing with your technical expertise. Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Proven Java and Java EE experience
- Experience leading end-to-end development spanning across multiple teams/organizations
- Spring framework experience is a plus
- NodeJS experience is welcomed
- Experience on web services : SOAP, REST, HTTP/XML
- Good security background
- Mobile (iOS and Android) experience a plus
- Outstanding teammate and interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Bachelors degree in CS or related discipline plus 10 years work experience in the industry, or Masters plus 8 years experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: