Sr. Software Engineer, Cassini
We are Cassini, the ebay search engine. The search engine is what you experience when you do a search on https://www.ebay.com. Cassini handles 5 billion queries daily on a corpus of 3 billion documents. Cassini is an ebay home-grown product written with the goal of very high availability and very low latency. Cassini supports dynamic deployment of ML models for query understanding, relevance, ranking, shipping time estimates and more. Heck, we have even written our own software load balancer so we can have more control over our traffic profiles!
We are looking for talented developers with a professional interest in large distributed systems. If you also understand modern C++, data structures and algorithms, YOU are the person we are looking for. Come join us and make Cassini even better.
- Build search features to support business requirements
- Research and implement advanced CS and IR techniques for higher performance
- Triage and debug production issues
- Perform on-call duties as needed
On a higher level, the candidate is expected to:
- Understand, estimate, design and implement complex software applications, primarily in C++
- Deliver high performance, low latency, robust code with high test coverage, continuous integration and production monitoring
- Lead product and engineering design and code reviews
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field with 5 years of relevant experience
Expertise in Modern C++
Expertise in Algorithms and Data Structures
Experience in Linux Systems Programming
Experience in Distributed Systems
Familiarity with Information Retrieval Systems
Footnote about level of understanding of a topic:
Mastery > Expertise > Experience > Familiarity
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: