Sr. Manager Sourcing Technology
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
eBay is seeking a Technology Strategic Sourcing Manager that will be responsible for all aspects of the sourcing and contracting process for eBay’s hardware, software and telecom spend. The Technology Sourcing Manager must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and working collaboratively with both suppliers and internal partners.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage sourcing and spend activities for technology categories including hardware, software, telecom, and services
- Develop, drive alignment, and execute sourcing strategies addressing a multi-year horizon
- Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of sourcing initiatives
- Build and develop strong working relationships with key internal and external partners, functioning as procurement subject matter expert in sourcing and supplier management standard methodologies
- Analyze spend data, capture internal requirements and develop understanding of market trends, including analysis of market drivers, cost structures, leading suppliers and the underlying technology or service
- BA/BS degree, ideally with focus on Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management. MBA or JD preferred
- 5+ years experience in procurement, sourcing, supply chain or partner management
- Great teammate with collaborative style and proven track record of building successful relationships with partners and suppliers
- Experience must include negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements
- Technology domain knowledge and experience highly desired
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Innovative and solution oriented with solid project management skills and an ability to balance several projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical abilities (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Productivity applications required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: