Sr. Category Manager - Sneakers
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Verticals, Sneakers to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based in San Jose, CA, you will help own the Sneakers category. If you have a love of sneakers and sneaker culture, an ownership mindset, are able to build meaningful cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
The role is to define the Sneakers category strategy and execute this through working with strategically important sellers, brands, retailers, and buyers to ensure that eBay has the inventory and end-to-end experience to grow the business. As a Sr. Manager of Verticals, you will be accountable for the success of your categories.
- Drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions)
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and retail moment execution as it relates to the Sneakers category and our customers
- Monitor key metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer satisfaction, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and react to drive business
- Oversee performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Lead platform feature ideation and adoption for best on-site experience
- Drive eBay event planning with Marketing Campaign Manager and Planning function
- Co-lead marketing plan development and category management asset requests (e.g. placement, coupon, support, etc.)
- 5-7 years of experience with increasing responsibility as a business owner in an online retail or marketplace environment. Startup experience valued.
- Prior experience successfully leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Passion for sneakers with a broader interest in Fashion & Luxury Goods; experience in the space and/or relationships with key industry players
- Experienced at negotiating win-win outcomes with third parties in complex negotiations
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mindset to drive performance against agreed KPIs
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to lead groups of individuals effectively and mange cross-functional coordination
- Influencing & negotiating with external stakeholders
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Bachelor’s degree required, MS/MBA preferred
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: