Senior Backend Engineer
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
About the team:
In the Emerging Markets team, we build and maintain a multi-tenant, horizontal Classifieds platform and a multi-tenant vertical Real Estate classifieds platform for emerging market countries. The platforms includes multiple product lines to support both our B2C and C2C customers. We are a diverse team with a “get stuff done” culture working across locations in Silicon Valley, Cape Town, Shanghai and Mexico
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer for our team in San Jose. Working in an agile development environment, you will join a team focused on building the next generation Classifieds platform.
You have / are :
- Several years of experience with Java/Spring Boot based backend technologies
- Implemented and consumed restful (micro-)services on Kubernetes
- Experience with relational and object databases like MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with technologies like Kafka, Solr and Elasticsearch
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Cloud experience with GCP or AWS, would be a plus
- Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- A can-do demeanor and seek to tackle problems for our partners and customers
- Familiar with multi-timezone, multi-culture team collaboration
We are organized in Agile teams and expect you are participative, accountable for the team delivery, ready to learn, mentor team members or help in any situation. In short, are you the outstanding teammate we are seeking !
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.