Payments Solutions Manager
Payment Services - Solutions Manager (Post Transaction)
The Payments, Billing & Risk organization is focused on defining innovative solutions that enable customers to safely buy and sell on the eBay platform. Enabling buyers and sellers requires both management of payment acceptance and risk management. Your role will be critical in working cross functionally with internal and external partners to design solutions to enable best in class experiences globally, optimizing for buyer conversion and seller enablement, while managing risk effectively.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience in marketplace or intermediated payment models, ecommerce order mgmt. and post transaction workflows. You should fluid in structured thinking, able to synthesize and make recommendations based on imperfect data from multiple sources (internally and externally), strong business intuition to guide their analysis, and ability to work both independently and cross-functionally. This role will be responsible for translating strategy to execution and working cross functionally with product, engineering, analytics, regions, segments, and more to bring solutions to life.
- Deeply understand current payments capabilities, use cases and friction points.
- Understand market landscape and trends to inform strategy and potential opportunities for optimization
- Develop market requirements to enable strategic goals
- Inform platform and process improvements, leveraging internal and external technologies.
- Work cross functionally through planning, execution, performance analysis, and ongoing optimization of our payments capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
- 7+ years in ecommerce payments, preferably with global experience
- 5+ years in product management, program management, and/or go-to-market roles
- Strong business acumen and technical aptitude – ability to deep dive with product partners, internally and externally to create and gain support for vision and lead teams through successful execution
- Proven ability to articulate a vision, gain key stakeholder buy in, and lead teams through influence and use of data
- Demonstrated experience partnering with product and business partners to design and optimize risk solutions and experiences
- Skilled in the art of managing without authority, ability to execute and influence outside the direct organization
- Strong structured problem solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Ability to analyze large data sets
- Comfort in managing through ambiguity
- Successfully operated in progressively senior leadership roles in a dynamic, global, matrix environment
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: