Payments Risk Analyst
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of a team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you'll be proud to be a part of.
You will work with a team focused on partnering with our Payments Organization to understand and oversee Payments migration for eBay Marketplaces. This role is responsible for driving insights over a multi-year strategy in close collaboration with our Product and Business teams. You will work with a wide variety of business leaders, product teams and other key partners across the organization to help translate their business needs into insights.
We are seeking an ambitious, hardworking, team-focused individual with financial and analytical experience. You will be part of the Payments Analytics team, and one of the key initiatives in eBay, responsible for identifying, tracking, and monitoring corrective actions related to payments roll out. In this role you will work closely with the Payments Business Unit, Product, Analytics, and local Finance teams.
Core analytics capabilities include the ability to instrument critical metrics, identify the landscape of the entire function, determine opportunities for improvement, work with product and payment providers to craft scalable solutions, and monitor their performance. We build this behavioral intelligence by exploring creative interpretations of existing and new sources of data, using advanced analytical techniques, and overlaying the appropriate strategies to deliver exceptional results.
- Develop a deep understanding of Payments ecosystem
- Structure complex, ambiguous business questions and utilize analytical skills to synthesize actionable insights to the benefit of leaders in the organization
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Design, plan, and execute methodologies to measure successes of business initiatives.
- Collaborate with other analysts/data scientists and help guide strategy based on learning from other analyses/projects across the organization
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and product performance analysis as needed
- Create and maintain insightful automated reports and dashboards utilizing typical data quality functions (e.g. standardization, consistency, etc.)
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related
- 2+ years of experience in field of analytics.
- Analytical thinking: exceptional quantitative analytical & data management skills
- Excellent organization, problem solving, written, and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience in BI/DW best practices
- Proficiency in databases (SQL), and programming languages (at least one of following: Python, R etc.)
- Ability to work cross functionally and independently with guidance to achieve goals
- Experience in the payments industry preferred
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: