InfoSec Security Engineer
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
eBay operates one of the world’s largest and most innovative online marketplaces. We are looking for a person with passion for Information Security. This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of Global Information Security (GIS) as part of our overarching security strategy at the Inc level.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity and developing/automating creative solutions within a fast-paced, dynamic, and encouraging team structure. As a member of this Information Security Engineering team, you will be encouraged to be skilled at identifying and remediating security gaps in infrastructure and process, participate in presenting security reviews to colleagues and leadership, drive standard methodologies and display technical engineering perfection with all tasks while being a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contributing significantly to the overall success of the team.
- Splunk architecture, administration and forwarder management related tasks
- Elastic beats administration and support
- Data on boarding across multiple data sources (windows, Linux, API, database, etc.)
- Support multiple methods of data security log collection (syslog, splunk forwarders, rest, database connect, HEC)
- Experience in configuration management (Salt, Puppet etc), automation and orchestration.
- Build data pipelines (Kafka, Flink), ETL, and management of high-volume data across distributed systems
- Monitors and aggressively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- Creation of Dashboards, Visualizations, Statistical reports, scheduled searches and alerts
- BS or MS in computer science or related fields
- Experience building and supporting Splunk Common Information Model, RBAC and permissions, Data Models, configurations, dependencies and forwarder management
- Experience building and supporting Splunk architecture and components (search head, deployment server, cluster master, indexers, forwarders (HF/UF)
- Experience working within product development teams and usage of tools like GitHub, and Jira
- Advanced understanding of modern Linux operating system (Kernel, security, hardening, tuning)
- Advanced scripting skills with Python, Bash, SQL
- Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations.
- Experience in configuring centralized logging working with various log types and formats
- Experience with data normalization and data enrichment methods (CIM/Schemas)
- Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional)
- Solid understanding of network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP & HTTP/HTTPS.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in Splunk management/admin, Splunk certifications are a plus
- 2+ years of automation using Unix Shell scripts, SaltStack, Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
- Familiar with both Windows and Linux based OS
- Experience with syslogNG is a plus
- Ability to be a Splunk language (SPL) expert
- Splunk Power User or Architect certification - preferred
- Industry recognized security certifications – preferred
- Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- Ambitious and able to work in an independent manner
- Can do attitude and team first mentality
- Good communication (Written & Oral), Interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Built and/or maintained tools to get the job done
- Love to learn new things and strive to continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
- Lots of enthusiasm and the drive to learn and adapt to support business needs
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: