Global Product Marketing Manager
eBay Advertising works with large Fortune 500 brands and sellers to support promotion and sales of their product lines on eBay. Our mission is to connect consumers to the world’s advertisers through rich targeting at Web scale, innovative ad experiences, and data science that serves both shoppers and marketers across all devices. We have exclusive access to eBay’s unique and proprietary data on browsing, search, and purchase history for 180M+ users, and we enjoy eBay’s trusted relationship as a business partner to millions of sellers and brands. We use this data and derive insights to deliver the right ad experiences to the right user at the right time on the right device.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
We have large and aggressive goals to grow our advertising revenues in 2020 and are looking for a senior manager to join the ambitious Global Strategy & Planning team within the overall Global Product Advertising organization. In this role, you will focus on defining and building the strategy to grow our advertising product portfolio. Our key product, Promoted Listings, is currently used by over 300,000 sellers globally, to drive incremental revenue for their individual businesses, as well as eBay and its sellers. This is an opportunity to be a part of the team that is helping fuel the $1B advertising business for eBay. You will have a global team of marketing and analysts to support your initiatives!
Specifically, your role will be the following:
Be the Voice of the Customer
- Know the advertising products our sellers use inside and out and be able to represent global needs to the Advertising Product Management team
- Understand competitive capabilities and extract what would most benefit eBay
- . Influence roadmaps by translating market-driven needs into to include these key new features and functionality recommendations
- Work with Research to interview sellers on all aspects of the advertising funnel including reporting, campaign management, and execution of advertising campaigns.
Connect Product and Regional Sales teams
- Be the global glue between product management and regional sales teams
- Showcase value proposition and key customer benefits of the product to regional sales and customers
- Close the feedback loop to identify product gaps based on customer feedback and influence prioritization of roadmaps to address these gaps
Perform analysis that leads to insights and recommendations
- Hands on development of models and analytics that lead to actionable decisions and recommendations
- Work with regional partners to pilot and incubate new ideas in market based on and deliver detailed analysis/findings back to the Advertising Product Team
- Advertising experience working in a media agency, advertiser client, or publisher
- Working with big and small companies as advertisers
- This position will be highly analytical so proven work experience in developing models, performing analysis and composing insights and recommendations
- Special interest if you worked in e-commerce Amazon Media Services, Walmart, or other large publishers - Google, FB, Yahoo
- PM or PMM experience
- Ops/GTM (go to market) since this role may require formation of new processes and reporting
- Experience in starting/taking new products to market
- Should be based (or willing to move) to San Jose, CA area
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: