eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, the world’s largest online classifieds group, a leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about making connections between people. Every connection made or item found on our marketplaces makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less, helping build a sustainable future.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats, Gumtree, mobile.de, Vivanuncios, leboncoin, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. Our network of hardworking teams balance local insights with global knowledge and scale to develop innovative digital products and services.
About the team:
In the Emerging Markets team, we build and maintain a multi-tenant, horizontal Classifieds platform and a multi-tenant vertical Real Estate classifieds platform for emerging market countries. The platforms includes multiple product lines to support both our B2C and C2C customers. We are a diverse team with a “get stuff done” culture working across locations in Silicon Valley, Cape Town, Shanghai and Mexico.
We are looking for a well-rounded Front-End Engineer, a NodeJS specialist for our team in San Jose. Working in an agile development environment, you will join a team primarily focused on building highly scalable and responsive web applications.
You have / are :
- 4+ years of work experience in the field of (frontend) software engineering
- Highly qualified in NodeJS for web application development
- Experience in responsive design, semantic markup, front-end architectures
- Familiar with code profiling, application monitoring, caching strategy, performance optimization
- Strong respect for object oriented design and coding standards
- Focused on quality in your work, and comfortable with test driven development
- Full Stack skills, which would be a nice to have
- A can-do demeanor and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
- Familiar with multi timezone, multi culture team collaboration
We are organized in Agile teams and expect you are participative, accountable for the team delivery, ready to learn, teach or help in any situation. In short, are you the outstanding teammate we are seeking!
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.