Director, People Business Partner
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
We are responsible for all aspects of candidate and employee experience across eBay. We drive business performance, recruiting, learning and development, compensation, benefits, people experience shared services, and people tools and technologies – and oversee the continuing evolution of the company's culture.
This role will report to the VP of People Resources and will align to the Payments business unit. The ideal candidate will be an influential leader skilled at working with a diverse group of senior leaders with varying styles. This individual will be responsible for understanding the business objectives of eBay’s Marketplaces organization globally and providing the appropriate human resources expertise, process and/or programs to deliver business results. The candidate must be capable of working in and through a matrix management environment with both business leaders and HR peers.
Driving business outcomes and strategic HR initiatives by demonstrating the following skills and experiences
- Strong eye for business and ability to partner with senior executives.
- Significant experience in Organizational Design and Effectiveness; ability to assess an organization, identify capabilities and define actions to close gaps.
- Trusted advisor to senior executives who can provide coaching and influence to support leadership effectiveness and success.
- Thought partner for executives on talent development and change leadership that enable execution on strategic objectives.
- Strong analytical skills that enable the individual and his/her client group to make informed and effective decisions in a matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or equivalent studies or experience.
- 10 – 12 years of HR or applicable experience in roles of dynamically growing scope at the senior executive level with a demonstrable track record of success.
- You are an authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with eBay’s values and leadership expectations.
- Your track record shows proven results orientation in combination with a laser focus on long term business strategies
- You have an ability to quickly build trust, partner and communicate effectively throughout all levels of our organization.
- Egoless style: you'll need to be able to put the interests of the broader team and eBay’s goals ahead of your personal agenda.
- Confident, you'll be a well-prepared leader with the courage to advance the goals of the organization at senior levels. Thrives in dynamic global environment.
- You have a zeal for critical thinking, you're curious and can work at an accelerated pace with a metrics-driven approach; able to evolve at the pace of the business and trends that are shaping the industry.
- We are an equal opportunity employer searching for a team oriented leader who understands how to achieve consensus from diverse constituencies, building bridges and cultivating an inclusive environment across a matrix management organization.
- Sense of humor
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: