Director, Community & Engagement
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas organization helps deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
Our Seller Community is what makes ebay so unique and special. We empower our Sellers to reach their version of economic empowerment through the world’s most powerful selling platform. We encourage our community to share with each other and provide constructive feedback to us.
As the Director you will:
• Own the overall strategy for the Seller Community, and be accountable to its growth and success through measurable KPIs and qualitative feedback. This includes a best-in-class top contributor program and offline events strategy, though we expect you’ll bring your own perspective and expertise, too.
• Lead our talented team of Community Managers in their work, regularly offering coaching and advice to help them grow their careers in the community industry.
• Evangelize the community internally, working to increase internal adoption and to raise the overall visibility of the program by working closely with our global, cross-functional partner teams.
• Partner closely with our Government Relations and Experiential Marketing teams to support local events, bringing the offline conversation and real-world connections into the digital realm.
• Own relationships with our third-party partners, and offer strategic oversight and guidance on the way we design and build our platform.
• Be willing to break the rules. Scalable CS regularly challenges all team members to think differently, and find a better way to solve problems. We move quickly, and we work with intensity.
The role requires someone who can leverage expertise in the following:
- 10+ years of experience in the online community/ customer engagement space, with at least 3+ years experience leading people.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. You’re able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea, or overall project/ program status.
- Excellent leadership skills rooted in empathy, compassion, and fairness. You view leading people as an honor and a privilege, vs. a sign of career movement.
- Strong emotional intelligence, that’s balanced by a data-backed, solution-oriented mindset. You’re able to gather quantitative and qualitative data, and distill it into thoughtful opportunity areas and recommended solutions that have clear scope and deliverables… all without getting caught up in the emotion of the commentary.
- A keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You have the ability to discern the urgency and importance of work. You seek out creative ways to leverage the full potential of our existing tools, and advocate for novel solutions.
- A proactive nature, a sense of urgency, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to meet the needs of the community.
- Existing familiarity with any of the following tools: Khoros (fka: Lithium), Asana, Salesforce, Looker
- An ebay seller!
- Social Media Expert
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: