Associate Category Manager, Watches
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting a results-oriented and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are looking for an AssociateCategory Manager, Watches to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based in San Jose, CA, you will be a key leader on the Watches team at eBay North America. If you are driven to win, have an ownership attitude, are able to build substantial cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you! Not required, but would be phenomenal if you also have a passion for, or some knowledge of, the Watches market especially for Luxury Watches.
The role is to help define the Watches category strategy and execute through working with strategically important sellers, buyers and industry specialists to ensure that eBay has the inventory and end-to-end experience to grow the business. As an Associate Category Manager of Verticals, you will be accountable for the success of your categories.
- Drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions)
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and unique community execution as it relates to the Watches category and our customers
- Monitor key performance metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer happiness, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and react to drive business
- Lead all aspects of performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller happiness
- Lead platform feature conceptualization and adoption for the best on-site experience
- Drive eBay onsite and offsite event planning with cross functional teams
- Develop and execute initiatives to fundamentally improve the user experience for Watches buyers and sellers.
- 3-5 years of proven experience with growing responsibility as a business owner in an online retail or marketplace environment. Merchandising or Startup experience valued.
- Prior experience optimally leading and inspiring teams with varied strengths
- Experienced at negotiating win-win outcomes with third parties in sophisticated negotiations
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mentality to drive performance against agreed critical metrics
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to lead groups of individuals optimally and mange cross-functional coordination
- Experience influencing & negotiating with external partners
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Bonus = Passion for Watches with a broader interest in Luxury Watches including experience in the space and/or relationships with key industry players
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.