Assistant Manager- Site Merchandising
Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world’s favorite destination for discovering great value and extraordinary selection. We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success. We employ outstanding people who do important work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. And we aspire to make exceptional things possible for each other, for our customers, and for you. We’ve been doing this for over 20 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
Our merchandising team is looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join us. This role will focus on site merchandising, where the Assistant Manager of Site Merchandising will employ creative techniques to deliver a best-in-class online shopping experience. In this role, you will learn how to improve buyer experience by optimizing our site and ensuring that our inventory and content are presented with an elevated/ relevant look and feel. You will be using web analytics to promote the discoverability and selection of products to ensure we meet our customers’ needs and interests.
- Optimize the on-site customer experience, focusing on eBay’s spectrum of value offering and balanced merchandising priorities.
- Analyze the performance and report on site metrics; make recommendations for improving site conversion and customer engagement.
- Collaborate with marketing, PR, and Creative partners to plan and execute campaigns to drive engagement and conversion on site.
- Explore competitor sites and market standards to develop improvements to overall customer shopping experience for respective site pages.
- Build customer experiences that work to deliver robust selection, inspiring content and clear consistent navigation across desktop, mobile, and app platforms.
- Optimize the browse experience to ensure our shoppers can easily find the right product, at the right time and at the right price.
- Execute timely on projects and deliverables that ensure cultural relevance on key landing pages.
You have a bias to action, an inquiring mind and are able to deliver consistently in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
- Bachelors degree and/or 4+ years of overall experience, with at least 2 years in an e-commerce operations responsibility.
- Proven passion for e-commerce and an interest in site merchandising
- Experience working effectively within a team
- Ability to communicate and present site analytics and data
- Proficient with Excel, Adobe Photoshop and knowledgeable about SEO
- Strong analytical skills
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: