Category Manager – Trading Cards
ebay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are looking for a Category Manager, Trading Cards to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based in San Jose, CA, you will be a key leader on the Trading Cards team at eBay North America. If you are driven to win, have an ownership mindset, are able to build meaningful cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you! Not required, but would be great if you also have a passion for, or some knowledge of, the Trading Cards or Collectibles market. Trading Cards include Sports Cards, Collectible Card Games and Non-Sports Trading Cards.
The role is to help define the Trading Cards category strategy and execute through working with strategically important sellers, buyers and industry experts to ensure that eBay has the inventory and end-to-end experience to grow the business. As a Manager of Verticals, you will be accountable for the success of your categories.
- Drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions)
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and niche community execution as it relates to the Trading Cards category and our customers
- Monitor key metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer satisfaction, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and react to drive business
- Oversee performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Lead platform feature ideation and adoption for best on-site experience
- Drive eBay onsite and offsite event planning with cross functional teams
- Develop and execute initiatives to fundamentally improve the user experience for Trading Cards buyers and sellers.
- 5-6+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility as a business owner in an online retail or marketplace environment. Merchandising or Startup experience valued.
- Prior experience successfully leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Experienced at negotiating win-win outcomes with third parties in complex negotiations
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mindset to drive performance against agreed KPIs
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to lead groups of individuals effectively and mange cross-functional coordination
- Experience influencing & negotiating with external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Bonus = Passion for Trading Cards with a broader interest in Collectibles including experience in the space and/or relationships with key industry players
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: