Head of Technical Business Development
Position: Head of Technical Business Development
Location: San Francisco, CA
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will shape the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
The Head of Technical Business Development - Marketplace Management role at StubHub presents an exciting opportunity for a motivated business development professional to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Live Event Entertainment and E-commerce.
As a leader on the Marketplace Management team, you will exercise your previous technical sales experience directly, while contributing to shaping and executing our strategic vision of making StubHub the leading event ecosystem. The Head of Technical Business Development - Marketplace Management will support the team by growing our investment portfolio and retaining existing business.
- You are a creative thinker and results oriented individual, looking to apply their problem-solver mindset and make an immediate impact on a rapidly-growing business.
- You have managed a large client-facing B2B technical sales operation or lead Business Development for SaaS Products and Consulting Services.
- You can prioritize trade-offs independently and work seamlessly with your counterparts in the office while on the road.
- You are a strong performer with a passion for markets and a love for sports and music.
- You will lead end-to-end Technical Business Development, including:
- Build client relationships with sports teams, artists, venues and leagues
- Serve as a primary point of contact with key prospects and partners
- Actively manage and grow our deal pipeline
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships with annual sales cycles
- Design and negotiate deal terms to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders
- Work directly with analysts and data scientists to value and structure deals
- Develop and improve our sales collateral
- Contribute to and execute go-to-market strategy
- Exceed quarterly and annual deal targets
- Drive sales activities to position StubHub as the leader for data-driven pricing and Marketplace Management services
- 5+ years of experience with Business Development and B2B Sales
- Economics, Finance or Statistics background
- Significant client-facing experience negotiating and closing deals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including client relationship management
- E-Commerce, merchandising and marketplace experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience in Investment banking, Corporate Development or Capital Markets
- Proven experience in market entry and global expansion
- A strong focus on analytics, supply/demand dynamics and live entertainment
- Passion for sports and live entertainment
- Sports/Music/Technology or Media experience
- Knowledge of financial products
- Experience in both, larger enterprise and startup organizations
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: