Ads Data Scientist
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
We are looking to hire a Data Scientist to partner closely with the eBay Advertising product team. As a critical member of the Advertising Product Insights team, this role will have the unique opportunity to influence decision making of the Ads Product roadmap with their insights and thought leadership.
With a vision to identify opportunities to drive transformative change in the customer experience and result in significant business growth, we mine the largest datasets in the world of e-Commerce and use outstanding analytic and big data techniques to extract impactful insights. We achieve this by partnering closely with the advertising product and engineering teams, and find opportunities to shape the product roadmaps.
To be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in analytics/data science
- Require a minimum of Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Business Administration or Business Analytics.
- You would have to strike a balance between critical thinking and actual hands-on analyses using tools & packages such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau etc.
- You possess super strong technical skills to turn big data in Hadoop into measurable insights. At the same time, you also have the ability to see the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem.
- In addition to delivering insights on existing Product & Tech initiatives, you will come up with innovative product growth opportunities based on insights, and build momentum through influence.
- Proactive collaboration and effective communication are critical
Additionally, the following background and experience is preferred:
- Proven track record of turning insights into product growth opportunities in prior roles with growing scope and responsibilities
- Ability to present complex analyses and insights effectively in simple terms
- Good experience with both descriptive and inferential statistics – ability to build basic prototype models
- Experience in a leading technology company
- Background in ecommerce product experience
- A Ph.D degree is a plus.
- Experience with advertising pricing mechanism is a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.