Automation Framework Developer
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share? If you enjoy being as part of a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay.
About the team:
Delivery Engineering team is part of eBay's Core Technology (CT) organization and is responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform used by our engineering teams to deliver Mobile applications, Services and Web applications. The team is responsible for eBay's Continuous Delivery platform, Test automation frameworks, Tests results analysis platform and Utilities and Data creation platform (No-code platform).
About the role:
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about building and enhancing Test Automation Frameworks that are used by product team engineers to test their Java and Node.js based Services and Web applications. You will collaborate to invent, design and implement, scalable, efficient and reliable solutions. Your work will help eBay's product teams test faster, more efficiently and release their changes to production faster and also help with a key company wide initiative called "The Velocity Initiative".
The ideal candidate will have a solid engineering proficiency, consistent track record of solving critical engineering problems. The candidate will be expected to have strong communication skills and to be capable of cross-group collaborations.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 8 years work experience or MS with 6 years of relevant experience
- Strong experience with JVM languages (Java, Kotlin)
- Proven experience with at least one scripting language (Shell, Python)
- Proven experience with RESTful services, SOAP services, Selenium/WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Jenkins or other continuos integration systems
- Experience in building test automation frameworks that can be used to test large scale backend applications and front-end applications.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, and experience working in a layered architecture
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Experience in interacting with external partners and architecting the systems
- Experience with modern DevOps principles and continuous delivery
- A positive demeanor with a strong desire to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will also be expected to:
- Work closely w/ colleagues in different functional groups and remote offices
- Enjoy being part of a high-performing team of motivated, collaborative, engineers.
- Communicate effectively within your team and across teams.
- Identify project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships and provide alternative solutions as well as risk mitigation
BS/Master’s Degree or Equivalent
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.