Technical Program Manager
Structured Data is the engine powering the transformation and differentiation of our commerce experience. Teams in Structure Data design and manage systems powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence with unique scale and complexity to ultimately bring to life personalized commerce experiences tailored to each eBay user’s needs, interests and passions. With more than one billion items from new, to nearly new to used listed at eBay, our mission is to create most powerful buying and selling platform with most relevance to our users.
The Structured Data organization consists of a diverse set of experts in the fields of machine learning, taxonomy, computer vision etc. And engineers that have a strong track record of building large scale services. Program Managers in Structure Data Program Management Office will lead planning, organizing and streamlining the execution of the multitude of projects happening across all of Structured Data.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead several programs of Structure Data Initiative
- Coordinate cross domain dependencies with other teams outside Structure Data
- Organize and manage the quarterly releases according inside Program according to Agile framework
- Ensure there is proper documentation of plan of record
- Keep the team, partners, executives and customers informed about status and relevant changes in Structured Data
- Facilitate program and initiative reviews and drive action items to closure
- Ensure there is a clear plan in place to meet business metrics inside the program and progress is tracked periodically
- 7+ years of professional related work experience
- BS degree in Engineering, MS or MBA is preferred.
- Experience in Agile Project Management is required
- Expertise in using JIRA is preferred
- Excellent presentation skills needed
- Strong UI design sense is preferred
- Understanding of security practices, policies, patterns, frameworks, tools, etc. and experience leading complex security programs
- Proven ability to organize and manage diverse, highly complex projects/programs and ensure effective collaboration and communication across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to ensure technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value.
- Actively develop relationships with and work collaboratively with cross functional groups
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Success at providing and driving recommendations that influence product definition.
- Matrix manage a project or program team of individuals focused on providing project and program support across multiple programs.
- Experience with various software development methodologies including the agile development methodology such as Scrum.
- Success in developing program/project level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases.
- Successful track record of delivering on agreed upon business objectives and performance on key metrics.
- Viewed by the cross functional teams as a leader who understands project/program goals and objectives.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: