Category Manager- Business & Industrial
Category Lead/Manager - Business and Industrial
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
Like to shake things up? We do! eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world.
eBay is looking for dynamic, customer focused, data driven, result oriented, people and business leader to grow one of the key growth categories. We are looking for someone to drive online consumer products industries, with proven experience in Electronics (or) Industrial categories preferred. The Category Manager will use their previous experience in managing end-to-end P&L responsibility and autonomy for one of the key categories for eBay in India. You will be responsible for defining long-term strategic plans, driving execution and building a high-performance team.
The ideal candidate ought to be passionate and obsessed about delivering enhanced, extraordinary experience for customers in their category.
eBay India is a small team with a fast-paced work environment and entrepreneurial approach. We are setting up new business grounds up and re-establishing eBay in India.
This is a multi-dimensional role for which the candidate should have demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions, excellent business judgment, the ability to plan and prioritize, drive cross-functional initiatives and teams, strong communication skills as well as an ability to use first principles. The Business and Industrial category is a very diverse category of USD 25 million which includes healthcare & lab equipment, industrial engineering products, office equipment, technology & electronic products, material handling among others.
- Focus on understanding needs, solving for problem areas, behaviors and preferences of customers in the Business & Industrial category
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for eBay
- Lead and develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and retailers within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Continuously improve the value eBay provides to its seller base.
- Work diverse initiatives ranging from defining the acquisition plan, driving adoption of seller services, , catalog quality improvement, seller performance management, and more.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance and growth of their categories on a weekly and monthly basis with the team.
- Review growth plans, progress and any changes in strategic direction with senior leadership at a regular interval.
- Post-Graduation required, Top tier MBA preferred
- 10 years plus of work experience with experience in Online consumer products industries, experience in Electronics (or) Industrial categories preferred
- Ideally pre-existing relationship’s and networks in some of the categories
- Consistent track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative data and qualitative information to develop a business
- Extraordinary social and interpersonal skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
- Excellent relationship builder with strong positive attitude
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
What we Offer
- A great atmosphere and open company culture
- The complete autonomy to own your role
- The ability to feel that you are working in a startup environment but having the benefits of a MNC
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: