Category Growth and Marketing
About the team
eBay India is a small team with a fast-paced work environment and entrepreneurial approach. We are setting up new business grounds up and re-establishing eBay in India
eBay is looking for dynamic, customer focused, data driven, result oriented, people and business leader to
Large Merchant Acquisition : Defining the roadmap for and implementing the approach for acquisition of large merchants/brands/aggregators/exporters for the IN_CBT business based on specific focused supply categories identified Merchandizing : The focus will be on two broad areas - Deals and Ads
- Defining, structuring and tracking Deals for IN CBT sellers which includes planning and coordination with host site merchandizing teams.
- Working with host specific Ads teams to plan and execute deals until a platform CPC solution is rolled out. Post that there will be a need to actively manage Ads adoption across IN CBT sellers.
Develop medium to long term marketing & PR strategy for the India cross-border-trade business : The individual will need to work with business development, category and agency teams to craft as well as execute the strategy across multiple channels(digital will have high focus)
The ideal candidate needs to be passionate and obsessed about growth with sustainability in solutioning to deliver non-linear expansion of categories.
This is a multi-faceted role for which the candidate should have demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions, excellent business judgment, the ability to plan and prioritize, drive cross-functional initiatives and teams, strong communication skills as well as an ability to use first principles.
- Focus on understanding the opportunity categories and develop a roadmap for scaling them which involves identifying the challenges in scaling, possible solutions and a structured process to address these opportunities
- Defining and executing on merchandizing – Working with stakeholders from host markets to develop a framework for increasing deals for INCBT and setting up the processes for Ads
- Lead and develop the relationship with aggregators and brands in line with the category strategy
- Coordinate with diverse stakeholders including internal teams (product, tools etc) and external partners (ecommerce service providers) to continuously improve the value eBay provides to its seller base
- Defining the marketing strategy to scale the digital funnel and increase outreach among MSMEs through multiple channels
- Partner with media channels to build eBay’s presence in the cross border trade ecosystem and establish thought leadership
- Work with category acquisition teams define the targeted strategy to increase their lead flow and improve the quality of the leads
- Develop plans with the marketing and PR agencies to deliver on business asks
- Monitor and track the performance of the agencies against defined objectives and KRAs
- Manage the budget and present plans for the marketing and PR functions
- Post-Graduation required, Top tier MBA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience with experience in ecommerce in category or acquisition roles would be preferred
- Ideally pre-existing relationship’s and networks in some of the categories
- Experience with merchandizing and marketing would be preferred
- Consistent track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Preferred if there is proven track record in establishing and managing partnership with ecosystem players in ecommerce
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative data and qualitative information to develop a business
- Strong social and interpersonal skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
- Excellent relationship builder with strong positive attitude
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
What we Offer
- A great atmosphere and open company culture
- The complete autonomy to own your role
- The ability to feel that you are working in a startup environment but having the benefits of an MNC
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.