Head of Engineering
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
eBay Classifieds Group Italy:
In Italy, eBay Classifieds Group is present with two brands: Kijiji.it and automobile.it.
We are seeking a technology leader who will inspire our highly skilled teams of software developers to strive for innovation that grows our competitive edge. As the owner of our technical vision, you will partner with leaders to deliver on our goals, whilst being the voice of our technical needs. You will be a member of the management team in Italy, providing guidance on how to build and deploy scalable technology during expansion in both core and new business models. They will also be a key member of our global guild of technology leaders across eBay, a group which they will need to collaborate with and influence.
The Head of Engineering will manage a team of software engineers, who design, develop and deliver the products that are offered to our customers. The team is based in Milan with a satellite in Shanghai – team size will be 10-15 engineers.
- Develop and steer the technical vision for eBay’s classifieds platforms in Italy
- Guide the team in their deployment of current and future technologies
- Be a figurehead to continuously evolve our agile development processes, to drive innovation
- Mentor the leadership in the development team
- Take accountability for the delivery of our product priorities
- Partner very closely with relevant leaders/teams to steer and deliver on our overall customer and business priorities
- Play a critical role as part of the company’s management team on the broader strategic direction and performance of the company
- Build key relationships widely across eBay
- You have led and evolved agile development teams who have a passion to innovate around customer needs
- You can take the leadership reigns on an already existing development team
- You are experienced in building and maintaining online technology driven platforms running at scale
- While you have a proven track record for delivery, you have a personal bias for entrepreneurship, trying new things and ‘acting small’
- You have a naturally collaborative leadership style and can bridge the gap between non-tech leadership and the technical issues and engineering team
- You have the ability to inspire your team to action, through excellent communication skills and story-telling
- You are able to build strategic relationships and influence, both within our market and across eBay globally
- You ideally have experience in e-commerce, marketplaces or classifieds, or closely related sectors
- You work internationally with remote teams – inside and outside of your direct control
- Experience with decoupling platforms that have shared technology is a plus
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: